December 05, 2012

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Good morning.  I've always been a night person so this getting up at 5:30 am is new to me.  It does give me time to sit and reflect.

Every night before sleep, I make sure I thank God for the beautiful day and for giving me all I have in my life, wonderful husband, friends and family and for keeping me alive.  I realized that I am on many prayer groups - Mormon, Jevohah Witness, Lutheran, United, all non-Catholic denominations and on many Catholic lists and personal prayers.  I then became aware that the only person who wasn't praying for me WAS ME!!!

So I made an appointment with the local priest in Mount Forest, Father Murray and we had a chat.  I went full of questions and he answered them all for me and this is my interpretation.  He said everyone prays differently and just because I don't say the rosary, novenas, rote prayers, go to church every Sunday or more often, receive the sacrements on a regular basis, I DO pray, but do it in my own way by 'talking' to him directly.  If someone shows up at church for an hour a week and doesn't live like a Christian the rest of the week, that doesn't necessarily make him a good Christian - it's how you live your life that God sees and appreciates.

After attending the one room school house in Hawkesville with kind and good-living Mennonites and then transferring to the St. Clements school, I was always led to believe that they were never going to heaven because they weren't baptised in the Catholic Church.  Father Murray said God accepts ALL people into Heaven, if they are good people and live a good life.  So for almost 50 years, I've been misinformed (lol)!!!

He thinks I'm okay and on the right path, so that made me feel a little better too.  He covers an old church in Ayton, close to our house, and I want to stop in there this Sunday to see what that is all about.  He certainly opened the door for me to come talk with him whenever I want more discussion.  His family is originally from St. Clements so we had lots of stories to share and many laughs together.  We think his Dad and my Mom worked at Ratz Lumber together many, many years ago.  I love Father Murray.  He gave me peace of mind where I needed it.

I'm wondering if they are looking for another Solo or Euchre player in Heaven, but I'm not ready yet so they are going to have to do without for awhile until I get more time here on this beautiful earth with all the fabulous people in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I'm getting some emails telling me they would like to comment on the blog (which I would love) but after they write it, they get kicked out.  Other people tell me they see comments but I can't seem to access or see them - any help here?  I'm relatively new to this.

2 comments:

  1. OK, just got bumped again and my 6 paragraph reply is "Gone". It's out there, somewhere in cyberspace I am sure. I really do want to blog with you Dianne, honest! LOL I wrote twice again tonight and am giving it another shot cause if you can persevere...I can too. LOL I really enjoy reading your blog albeit sad. I am happy to see that you have found a new friend in Father Murray. He sounds like he will help you trough this turmoil in your life and he is your very private religous counsellor now. I can see you sitting amongst his congregation on Sunday with a huge smile on your face. I think he will make sure you get to "Heaven" and will probably even make sure your laptop comes along with you so you can continue blogging with us. Good for you and your positive attitude, it will help you along this latest pathway and offer you some peace and solitude when you need it most. Keep writing for us my dear, sweet friend and we will keep reading and "hopefully" replying. :o) Here goes...

    ReplyDelete