December 08, 2012

Saturday, December 8, 2012

I'm having a good morning after 5 straight hours of sleep, enjoying my new found recipe for a Protein Drink. 

I got my hair cut yesterday and lovely Adelle sent me home, looking wonderful, fit to go to a party!  I felt like a queen.......what a treat.

I always feel so blessed to be my age when I hear stories and look around to see the young women fighting their battles with cancer.  Some are single mothers supporting children, working one full time or two part-time jobs and trying to get through life without adding this horror to it.  At the Cancer Center, there seems to be many ladies in their late 30s and early 40s in the Chemo 'barn' - the probability of them having a young family at home is pretty good.  I can't imagine what they go through, running for treatments, Doctors visits and juggling their lives to try and stay on top, I'm sure hanging on by their fingernails.  It takes me a long time just to keep track and record the happenings and changes on a daily basis.  I just hope they have a good support system around them - they would need it!

The nice part about being old and retired and having a wonderful supportive husband is that I don't HAVE to get up at a certain time, I don't HAVE to go to work, I don't HAVE to do much of anything to get through the day, other than look after myself and be able to deal with any new problems that come up.  So what if I get 2 hours sleep, then get up - I can always go back to bed at any time of the day and night!  My heart goes out to these brave women and I admire them greatly.

Because I've been snacking less and eating better, smaller (but substantial) meals, I've been able to keep Munching Myrtle at bay!  That little witch still hides around the corner and a radar beam keeps coming out of the treat box saying COME GET ME - I'M GOOOOOOOOOOOD, but I'm really trying to limit myself to a treat AFTER a small meal. 

Hope everyone has a good day - I intend to.  Looking forward to having grandson Matt and his lovely fiance Agnes come for a small visit.  I'll be able to hear about their upcoming wedding plans!

PS  I'm still working on this silly problem with 'comments'.

6 comments:

  1. testing as Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. lindascanlan@rogers.comDecember 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM

    testing as

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the two above worked but using my google profile does not. I am sending this one as an Open ID. Nope that doesn't work either. We'll get this fixed yet...lol

    Sending this as Anonymous since it works for me...Linda S.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried 3 or 4 times, now lets see if this works.
    Below in the Comment as: scroll down to anonymous, then write your message in the box and click Publish and it should work.

    Have a good evening Dianne. Thank you for these blogs.
    Take good care from Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you Gloria. Go ahead Dianne, swear your head off. Say Damn it! OK good for you, now…say it again. There, doesn’t that feel much better. Now say, Damn it to Hell. See, it’s good for you to let it all out. Now, go wash your mouth out with soap and water and don’t ever let us see (of course we can’t hear on this blog site) you use that kind of language again. If you feel angry and frustrated, shout it out here on your blog! That’s what it’s here for and why we’re here…to listen, understand and care about your feelings. You are handling things much better than most people would and you are so right about people abusing their God given “Right” to health. We can all learn from you that’s for sure. I am so proud of you and honestly feel that you are one of the strongest women I know. Hang In There my dear sweet friend and I will hang with you. Linda xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will try this too, cause I have tried google id and that doesn't work...take good care Dianne...love you lots!

    Larry & Trish

    ReplyDelete