December 09, 2012

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Had a pretty good night - fell into bed at 10 pm which is very early for me.  I was beat, after having a nice productive day.  Woke up and found Bob in the chair watching TV with his eyes closed (aka sleeping).  So he eventually goes to bed, then I go to sleep in the chair in the office - it's like a rotating sleep-a-thon around here!

I've been searching for recipes for protein shakes - the fruit type is easy to make and delicious but I was looking for recipes using veggies - think I might have trouble getting used to using veggies in them.  It seems all the web sites want to sell their products - they do share recipes, but am trying to figure out what they mean by one 'scope'.  I assume it's just a very large tablespoon or two?!??!

I've been thinking of people who are ill, need kidney transplants, get on the top of the list, receive a kidney from a sibling, then go back to their old lifestyle and mess up the organ and their life when another person could have used it to live a better life.  Or someone who self-destructs with drugs, goes through an over-dose, spends thousands of health-care dollars, then goes back on them again blaming everyone else for his or her problems.  Or the person who has come through horrendous odds, is declared cancer free but wants to die because she has nothing to live for - even though she was given a wonderful second chance at life!  What is that all about?

I'm trying not to feel and sound bitter about incidents like this and wondering what we can learn from it - why anyone who is given a second and third chance at life goes and throws it away. 

Two years ago when I was dignosed with B-Cell Lymphoma, I just assumed I would go through chemo treatments and be cured!  I was (I thought) and appreciated, so thankful  and enjoyed every day after.  Then last winter when I ended up with Cold Agglutinin Disease (where I had to stay in 85 degree temperatures at all times) and then became transfusion dependent for 3 months and all that went into remission after massive doses of chemo, I was as happy and thankful as a pig in dirt!

So thankful that I spent from June until November trying to cleanse my body of toxins to get into an alkaline state to starve cancer cells but the little devils decided to come back again anyway.  Maybe I should have eaten more than one tiny square, one pork chop in 6 months and more than one cup of coffe a week, etc. etc., pigged out and 'enjoyed life'.  I did enjoy life, loved it in fact and did feel a lot better.  Losing the 12 pounds helped too - liked that part a lot!  I'm probably repeating myself here but when I found out it was not going to be an easy cure with just chemo, etc. I sat down and ate a great big fat chocolate bar and enjoyed every single bite!  Munching Myrtle was born!

So my rant this morning is that I AM PISSED by people who throw their life away, especially after given a second chance.  We all take life for granted on a daily basis but it seems when we get a kick in the pants, get through a situation on the plus side and THEN take life for granted again, IT IS WRONG not to appreciate it and be thankful.  Maybe it's about time I'm getting angry about all this!

There - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hope everyone has a good day - no snow here in the Mount Forest area - we just have houses blow up, according to the news.

3 comments:

  1. I love your wonderful description "rotating sleepathon" at 3:45AM. Anger is good, swear some as well, it always make one feel stronger. It is bright this morning so maybe some sunshine. I hope you have a good day. Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose McAllister
    Hi Dianne, The rotating sleepathon has now hit Oliphant. Doug is having a good nap right now in his favorite lazyboy chair.
    ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will ask my mom for some recipes for shakes and post them to your facebook wall...Jackie

    ReplyDelete