December 11, 2012

Tuesday, December 11, 2010

It's 5:00 am and I'm feeling rested after 4 hours of sleep, no pain just low stamina and weakness which we are trying to 'fix' by raising my low protein levels.  We are on a mission!  So look out!  Bob and I need projects and we tend to attack them with a vengeance.  Thank goodness he knows how to keep me grounded (most of the time anyway).

My goal is to make sure I eat enough protein in a day for my elevated needs right now but most importantly to make sure I don't overdo it which could probably have ill effects too.  After all, I don't want to end up looking like a body builder (lol).  So with the direction and advice from lovely Miss Sarah, Nutritionist at the Clinic here in Mount Forest, web sites were checked,  recipes were printed, Health Food Stores in Listowel were visited and then we started.  We were able to determine the amount of grams required each day.

Wonderful Bob left to go to his man-cave and I picked up another partner - Munching Myrtle.  Instead of grazing for food, I put her to work by reading labels and listing grams of protein in the things I eat on a daily basis.  I devised a chart to leave on the kitchen counter to refer to, then a chart where I am able to record my intake to make sure I am fitting into the proper total needed.  So it was a very productive day - let's hope it works.

Thanks to all the ladies who have helped to figure out how to leave comments.  Apparently the bottom line is:  write a comment, click on Anonymous and click on publish.  It seems to be working by doing it that way.  I think Google just wanted people to develop a GMail account  with them (I don't like that method) but by doing it this way, you don't have to.  By using Anonymous, I can't tell who sent it, so the gals have been adding their name at the end of their message. 

Anyway, have a great day - I intend to.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne:
    It is so good to hear you being so positive - I look forward to reading your blog everyday - keep up the good work - sounds like you have Munching Myrtle under control - just don't send her my way LOL!
    Take Care......Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. How industrious are you Dianne. My goodness that is a lot of work. I Know I would have less on my rump if I did that. Does this stuff really taste good? Are you doing some healthy Christmas baking too? You might need it if Munching Myrtle goes in a different direction. My munching myrtle needs to get some decorations and a tree up in this house to get ready for the gatherings. Maybe some baking too. So wishing you a good day and baby sleeps. Take good care. gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food is regular - just checking labels and making different choices. I am enjoying introducing meat products into my diet rather than just chicken and fish, chicken and fish, chicken and fish! After all, I come from a farming family.........

      Delete
  3. Hi Dianne, I enjoy reading your blog everyday, you are certainly working hard to control Munching Myrtle, I know her well. Look after yourself. Myrna

    ReplyDelete