December 16, 2012

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Good morning.  My strength and energy levels are not so good to-day so this is going to be a short one.

I got good news last night when I found a scale here at the hospital- - my weight is the same as it was at home this past Tuesday.  I was very pleased as my body has not had any food or water since then - obviously Miss IVey has been providing me with enough nutrients to keep me going.  The only problem is that my body is starting to look like a 90 year old - flabby and hanging so I devised a solution - DON'T LOOK AT IT!!!!!  Problem solved!

My Mom always used to tell me that a little "speck"  (fat) was good because if and when you ever got sick, it was there to hold you for awhile.  Smart Mother.

A 12" artificial Christmas Tree was delivered to my room yesterday - it is just too cute and has brightened the room.  I love it.

At our beautiful home near Mount Forest, we usually have 2 or 3 hummingbirds flying around and with the Christmas Tree, a card was enclosed about hummingbirds.  It reads:

"Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration.  The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation."

Ain't that the truth!

Have a great day.







6 comments:

  1. Hoping you have a strong day today Dianne. We will miss you at the Christmas Party, but know all our "H" love and positive vibes are coming your way.
    Love ya always
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Dianne..... I was going to suggest your iv pole, to be called Minnie Like Skinny Minnie but I like Ivey better.Our wishes for you is to regain your strength and blow that joint. Home is always better,but sometimes being in the hospital is better for you. Love Always Doug and Rose



    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, again I encourage you to write your BLOG in "Word" first, that way it is save along the way the simply copy and paste it here. I just wrote another comment today and lost it two min. ago so I will now write all my replies in Word too. Computers...love em...hate em. LOL Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. see...still loosing parts of my reply (see above) It should say, Word docs can be saved along the way and then you can simply copy and past it here once you are done. I now go to "MS Word" first to write this. You typed for an hour and a half this a.m. and then thought you lost it this morning..Boy I bet the air was blue. Hang In There and don't let the computer buggies get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so pretty about the hummingbirds...my mom loved hummingbirds and i know she will come back as one. I am glad to hear that your weight is holding, that IV juice is a wonderfful thing. take care our dear friend. you are in our thoughts and prayers...

    Love

    Trish & Larry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dianne:
    You do not look like a 90 year old - and yes your Mom is right a little Shpeck is good (my mom always said that too) - anyway God loves you because of who God is - not becaise of anything you did or didn't do, or how you look - stay positive, "One Day at a Time"
    Love......Heather

    ReplyDelete