December 03, 2012

The McAllister's Postiive Saga - December 3, 2012

It's taken me over two weeks to get this blog going, getting frustrated but thanks to a sweet lady in Mount Forest called Alicia Frey who has a heart the size of a house, has consented to help me. She and her husband Ken own Frey Communications and just opened a shop on the main street, has a busy life with her young family but managed to find time to help me. Is it any wonder I love living in this area - the people are lovely............

Now that I'm on the site and finally figured out how to post on the blog, I'm hoping I will be able to get back in the next time I try it! I KNOW I'm technically challenged, but for an old gal, I manage!!!!!

I get a lot of inquiries about my health and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by leaving anyone out and don't want to 'push' my updates on anyone so thought this would be a good way to do it. I can update when I have the energy, even it it's 3 am.

Well, here we go again - but this time it's a little more serious and we have to work a bit harder to get over this hump.  My Lymphoma has reappeared (against all odds) but has decided to attack the Central Nervous System so it is affecting different areas of the body.

After some frustrating and confusing weeks, I was hospitalized and observed where they were able to finally figure out the diagnosis. While in hospital, I was transported to a main street in India, a Hippy House smoking pot, transported all over the world but finally ended up here - the brain does some pretty amazing things when it wants to. I'm glad they were able to finally stablize me - I like living in Canada! Some of the stories are pretty funny - now (but pretty scary at that time).

The wonderful team at the Cancer Center and the Respiratory Team at St. Marys are working together nicely to try to keep things stable and manageable. Hopefully they can do that for a long time.

I'm on a lot of steroids which keeps me fairly stable but I'm sure drives everyone around here crazy. Thank God Bob is so patient. They have some silly side effects like making me hyper (Bob says I have talked more in the past week than I have in 15 years of marriage), bloating and they brought out a gal we call Munching Myrtle who comes around day and night. She and I are in an ongoing battle and I don't think I'm going to win - she's a devil.  But while grazing in the kitchen, I'm trying to steer her toward healthier snacks!!!! One night last week I was so desperate to control her that I took my bottom dentures out at 9pm - I fixed her!!!!!!!

We are trying to keep a fairly normal life, calm with very little chaos, no stress and just enjoying what we have. We hope this 'maintenance' continues for a long time.  Please keep us in your prayers - we need all the help we can get!

Please forgive me for spelling mistakes, grammar errors and repeating myself.  I had better quickly post this before I lose it AGAIN - second time to type this.....

I am so blessed to have such amazing and supportive friends and family and appreciate each and everyone of you.

Talk soon.
xox

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrr bumped out again after writing you another nice long reply. I think I'll wait until your "tech angel" helps you straighten this Blog out for us. In the meantime, enjoy this time to write and reflect to those who care about you and what you are going through my dear sweet friend. Hey it's still here. Im going to send it now and if it stays as a Reply...Yea!!!

    ReplyDelete