December 15, 2012

Saturday, December 15, 2012

"These Boots Were Made For Walking"...............no, Nancy Sinatra was not here to sing it but Bob and I were mumbling it as we were able to walk the halls yesterday.  It was nice to be able to get around, get some exercise even though we had to take the IV pole with us.  We have to find a name for her...............  I'm still in isolation (standard procedure because I came from Mount Forest hospital) and hope I'm able to stay in my own room for awhile instead of being moved to a 4 ward room.  They do let me out to walk.

It is amazing how the attitude of nurses affects patients.  They have all been so caring and easy to work with, dedicated and kind.  I admire their ability to work 12 hour shifts and display the same warmth at the end of their shift as they have at the beginning.  We have lots of discussions and make decisions together. 

Yesterday, a gal came from the other end of the floor to relieve my nurse during a lunch break  - she was very abrupt, gave orders when she knew nothing about me and had the 'personality of a wart'.  I try not to judge people who are nasty because they could be fighting their own personal battles but  I do  think they should try to keep them away from their jobs  especially working in the health care field.  They spoil it for all the excellent nurses who dedicate their lives.  Okay, that's my rant for the day!

After getting 2 hour, 3 hour stints of sleep at a time during the past  few weeks, last night I got a straight 8 hours of sleep!!  I was so pleased when I awoke this morning - sleep helps heal the body and the soul - so yippee for that little bit of help!!

I am driving Munching Myrtle crazy - she's still hanging  around hoping for something, anything.  She hasn't had any food or water since Tuesday  morning and is running around in circles going crazy, hoping for some of that great Christmas baking sitting at home, brought in by nice friends and family.   She's probably afraid Bob will have eaten it all by the time we get home.  She doesn't realize she's getting lots of nutrition via drip, but she wants the REAL thing. 

The Nutritionist/Dietician was in yesterday and was very pleased to hear that I had been trying to detox my body with food to get it to an alkaline state during the past 6 months.  When I'm able to introduce soft, then solid foods, she can hit the ground running rather than start from scratch.  So eating kale and bok choy, etc. and lots of lemon in my diet  has paid off - wasn't so sure at the time.

Anyway, onwards and upwards today.  It sounds as if the week-end will be spent being monitored, with calmness and serenity, which is a good thing.  Oh, I forgot to say that Bob and I played a game of Skip-Bo last night.................and I won!

So, Nancy Sinatra, Bob and I will hopefully be strolling the halls today, trying to get my strength back until they figure out what to do with me.

Have an awesome day!

I just spent the last hour looking for this, thinking I had lost it - thought I would have to put my 'big  girl panties' on and start over.  Thank goodness - now I can focus my energy on other things.

4 comments:

  1. You are awesome. So many of us could take lesssons from you.
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

  2. Here are some links to some songs of one of your favourite artists. He is looking like a silver fox these day. Have a listen and enjoy his wonderful rich voice. Take good care you brave women. Gloria
    john berry

    so much like heaven to me

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8911f1w1k0

    love remains

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-h2dxst5U4

    blessed assurance

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=SDNt72xELts&feature=endscreen

    there's no cross that love won't bear

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHWvWW5GFrc

    give me back my america

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA_whDLGemg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't have said it better myself Jackie, Dianne is an inspiration to all of us, and we can learn many life's lessons from her and her White Knight....

    Love you Dianne and Bob

    Trish & Larry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne; You are a very strong person, You give us all strength.
    Keep up the good work. We are praying and hoping you get something
    to eat soon.

    Love Bill Mary and family

    ReplyDelete