December 07, 2012

Friday, December 7, 2012

Good morning. 

Had a good 4 hours of sleep, wide awake so decided to get up and get on with my day.  I realized we have a wealth of information right here in Mount Forest at the local clinic.  During the summer, I attended a program for 3 months called Healthy U and the moderator (Nutritionist) is excellent.  I'm sure she will be able to help with a Protein Chart to get me on the path to choose the foods with the highest protein levels and give me tips to get me stronger.

Just heard another frustrating story the other day about a family whose mother died. The daughters were at the funeral home not knowing the wishes of the deceased.  She had been ill for awhile but didn't share her thoughts with the children. Do your family a favour, people, write things down or talk about it.  It's going to be tough enough at the time without giving them more stress! In fact, people are now making preparations with their Funeral Director ahead of time, which sounds like a good idea.  You don't have to pay for it up front, just indicate your intentions.

We all think we will live forever of course.  You should definitely have a will and update it every five years which makes sense.  If not changed, it  should be reviewed.   Honest, I'm not getting a commission from any Funeral homes (lol).

I'm noticing people our age are starting to downsize and thinking  about making  life more simple and enjoying life.  Guests are surprised that our closets and drawers are relatively neat and clutter free - we've been cleaning and sorting for a few years now - the Thrift Shop in MF and a spot in Palmerston have been the recipients of most of it.  Clutter-free is a good thing!  Our 'clutter' is sitting out where we can enjoy it - all the beautiful southwest pieces - beauty to us but I'm sure 'clutter that needs dusting'  to others.

I'm babbling on so will end this.  By the way, thanks folks for the kind comments - hope it's working.

I'm on my way to get my hair cut this afternoon - YIPPEE!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment