December 27, 2012

Thursday, December 27, 2012


LISTS, LISTS, LISTS and MORE LISTS!

All my life I’ve made lists………………for everything, probably driving people around me crazy.  I made so many lists that sometimes I made duplicates, and then couldn’t find any of them!  I guess it gave me satisfaction to be able to stroke things off when I accomplished them.

Of course that all turned into ‘charting’; this certainly has helped me in the medical area, being able to compare readings and results from year to year but now I think I've gone a little overboard.

So at this point and time I have charts/lists for the following:

·         Protein intake required and schedule for the day
·         Protein intake eaten for each day
·         Fiber intake required and schedule for each day
·         Fiber intake eaten for each day
·         Blood pressure readings
·         Heart/pulse readings
·         Weight readings
·         Hours of sleep in a 24 hour period
·         Time, Number of steps taken (with a pedometer) on my little walk-arounds
·         List of medications
·         Schedule of medications – times taken

Anyway, I’ve decided to cut down to 2 LISTS:

·         List of medications with times to be taken
And
·         COMMON SENSE (not to be put on paper)

That always seems to work for me anyway.

The old gal Munching Myrtle is sticking her head of the pantry, pouting, wondering why SHE doesn’t have a chart.  She has been upset lately.  For part of our Christmas Dinner a wonderful home-made Cherry Cheesecake was served – so delicious.  Well, the last part of it went out the front door and to put it mildly, she had a conniption!  I tried to tell her she already had a part of it and to be satisfied but she is a little greedy in that area as you know.  She’s still upset that she has to share everything with Bob now. 

A few of my siblings have received lovely Christmas presents, becoming new great grandparents and/or adding to their numbers.  All are healthy – babies and Mothers (Fathers survived too……).  They are all blessed for sure.  Apparently so far, there are 4 new gifts arriving in 2013.     

I just hope these beautiful children will have a heart as big as our 10 year old Grandson who wrote a letter to Santa and instead of requesting a long list of gifts, asked if Santa could please talk to God and see if he could do something to prevent his Grandma from dying…………………………………………

Do you think my heart is bursting with love and pride………….what a lovely gift to receive.

I’m FOR SURE going to have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Dianne, you could be a nurse, all you know about the human body.....amazing.....
    You must be so proud of your grandson....that is so powerful....Santa is like God to them.
    Enjoy looking out at the beautiful snowfall over the rolling hills.
    Have a great day.

    Bill, Mary and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry I didnt' get to read this til today. Mike and I were down with the flu for the past few days. PLEASE don't let anyone near you, it's nasty. Keep well my dear friend. We are off to Florida for the month of Jan. We rented a townhouse in Largo. I will keep in touch via "Lappy" my faithful laptop. Keep well! Linda

    ReplyDelete